By Maddie Conley, Web Content Manager

At around 8:20 p.m. last night, four fire departments responded to a fire in Mellinger Apartments.

The fire started in the kitchen of one of the apartments, said Vice President of Operations Kathie Shafer. She confirmed that no one was hurt and no personal items were lost, but the fire did cause smoke damages.

Residents of Mellinger exited the building at the time of the fire and remained outside for close to an hour and a half before being allowed re-entry. The students from the affected apartment have been assigned different housing until the room can be cleaned up, Shafer said.

 

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers

The Pulse