Due to large amounts of rain from Hurricane Ida, the Yellow Breeches and the South Gate entrance are closed until further notice. All individuals should avoid the surrounding area and enter/exit campus through the North Gate by the roundabout.
Evening classes were cancelled at 4 pm Wednesday, September 1. Commuter students should return home immediately.
Cumberland County is expected to get 4-8 inches of rain throughout the day. There is a flash flood warning until 8 am, Thursday morning.
A mass email was sent to students regarding the storm and how it impacts students. Kathie Shafer, Vice President for Operations, provided a list of requests students should follow to ensure their safety.
- Starry Athletic Complex and parking lots/fields surrounding it are off limits.
- Do not go near the Swinging Bridge or Covered Bridge to try and take photos. Flood waters are dangerous and should not be swam in
- Do not drive through roads that are flooded. Turn around and find another way.
- Students parked in Treona (TR sticker) should move their car by 3:00 pm today and park on campus by the railroad tracks.
- Campus events is working to fix any leaks and ground water in buildings. If you see a water issue, contact Facility Services (extension 6011) or Dispatch (extension 6005).
- Charge any electronic devices and have flashlights ready in case of power outages
- Sign up for Messiah’s emergency text alert system here
Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Messiah University Department of Safety at (717) 691-6005.