This afternoon, students were alerted of an alleged threat of violence towards the Messiah University campus community.
According to an alert sent to students by Messiah’s Crisis Communication team, Messiah was made aware of alleged general threats towards the campus community. These threats, which were made by a former student, were reported by the former student’s employer. Both local authorities and campus administration have been made aware of the threats.
The individual has been identified as a “white male, 5’10’’, brown hair, 175 lbs. who drives a black Toyota Camry with PA license plate JXX 7101.” This individual has been restricted from coming onto Messiah property. If students see an individual or vehicle matching this description, the Department of Safety is advising that they avoid the area and report it immediately at 717-691-6005.
Students can help keep campus safe by acknowledging the following:
- Messiah’s Department of Safety, Upper Allen Police Department and Carroll Township Police Department are increasing their patrols of campus property, entrances and events.
- Students should keep their student IDs with them at all times, and recognize that they may be asked to show campus employees or local authorities their ID.
- Students are encouraged to use the Safe Walk/ Safe Ride program, available between dusk and dawn by calling 717-691-6005.
- Students should make themselves aware of the on-campus emergency phones. Click here for their locations.
- If students have not already, students should register for the emergency text alert system. Click here to register.
For more information, students can call the Department of Safety at 717-691-6005.