By: Madeline Crocenzi
The end of the semester is less than two weeks away, which means we can practically taste homemade Christmas cookies while crying in our overpriced textbooks. Christmas is so close but with five finals, eight papers, and three dreaded group projects, it seems so far. While it’s relatively easy to sit in a dark corner of your dorm room, inject yourself with caffeine, and deliriously read the same word 100 times, the last thing you want to do is sleep through tomorrow morning. Why? The Swinging Bridge Magazine comes out tomorrow! While you’re anxiously waiting for the new and last edition of the Magazine this semester, here’s 12 things you can do to pass the time as told by Parks and Recreation’s Chris Traeger.
Because we’re all getting plenty of that right now, aren’t we?
2. Try relaxing with some yoga or deep breathing.
Breathes in, breathes out, remembers 10 page paper due on Monday, stops breathing.
3. Throw a 10-second dance party.
In your dorm room, in the Union, in the middle of Lottie… Who cares if it’s 2:00 a.m. and you look like a lunatic. Sometimes you need to just shut up and dance.
4. Make yourself some real food.
Yes, I’m dreaming of you late night chocolate chip pancakes.
5. Go for a walk around campus.
Everything’s a little better when you’re breathing in the fresh air. Plus the tree is now lit and it’d be a great place to go for a few minutes of rest.
6. Write a long motivational letter.
Letters are cool and aren’t written too often anymore. Make someone’s day by writing them a motivational letter during these last stressful weeks. And no, messaging them on facebook does not count.
7. Get up the courage to ask that girl/guy out!
Now’s your chance. You have less than two more weeks to make your move. Surprise her with a coffee, ask him if he wants to study together, and casually tell him/her the names of your future kids. Just kidding… but do blurt out a coherent sentence about a date.
8. If it goes well, fist bump and high five every person on your floor.
9. If it goes horribly wrong, listen to a lot of Taylor Swift and resist the urge to download Tinder.
10. Perform a random act of kindness.
Whether it’s cleaning up your roommate’s mess or helping out your less fortunate friend with $12 dining dollars left, you might just make their day through a random act of kindness!
11. Get a jump start on that fit life you’ve been avoiding.
And no, it’s not about how much food you can fit into your mouth at one time.
12. Tell all your friends the magazine comes out tomorrow!
The magazine will be on stands in the Union, Fry, Boyer, the Library, the Falcon, and Lottie. Grab your copy tomorrow!