20150828-IMG_5455

The editorial team covers subjects such as student life, culture, sports & recreation for both the Swinging Bridge Magazine and our online content.

20150828-IMG_5461

Name: Maddie Crocenzi
Position: Editor-in-Chief
Major: Journalism
Year: Sophomore
From: York Haven, PA

Life motto: John 3:30 – “He must become greater; I must become less.” It’s important for me to remind myself that if I’m living life right, people won’t see me but instead see Jesus through me.

Fun fact: I once scored two foul shots that helped my middle school basketball team win a big game. Afterwards, the whole school started calling me “Money Maddie.”

Odd thing about me: I caught a live crab with my bare hands, while I was in the ocean, just to prove to my friends I could do it. In hindsight, I don’t think I would ever want to do it again.

Me in 5 years: Hopefully writing things that I’m passionate about and challenging myself every day. Also owning at least 5 pugs and eating lots of ice cream.

20150828-IMG_5463

Name: Rose Talbot
Position: News/Student Life editor
Major: Journalism
Year: Senior
From: Exeter, UK

About me: If I could do three things for the rest of my life, they’d probably be: write, travel, and watch terrible reality TV shows (like The Bachelor).   I’m half-British and half-Swiss, grew up in Thailand, and moved halfway around the world 3 years ago so I could come to Messiah. And I have no idea where I’ll be this time next year, but I think that huge unknown is kind of awesome.

Advice: Be kind to everybody you come across, no matter how unlovable they might seem! Everyone has a story and has struggles they’re going through, that you probably have no idea exist. A little bit of kindness, even if it’s just a smile, can do more than you probably know.

Odd thing about me: I can lucid dream, which basically means I can control anything I want in my dreams. AKA be a super hero every night. It’s awesome. But the best part is, I can make myself review my notes while I’m dreaming, and wake up having memorized most of my study material. It’s my real-life super power.

20150828-IMG_5465

Name: Ashlyn Miller
Position: Sports and Rec Editor
Major: Journalism
Year: Junior
From: Middletown, MD

Biggest goal: To learn as much as I can in college and to have a positive impact on others.

Advice: Be humble, and always give a helping hand. You’d be amazed how many barriers you can break down when you do this on a consistent basis.

Fun fact: As a fan of major league baseball and exploring cities, I’m working on visiting all 30 MLB parks in the U.S. So far, I’m about a third of the way there.

Me in 5 years: Working in television news and pursuing investigative stories.

20150828-IMG_5462

Name:  Myriam Pedercini
Position: Culture Editor  
Major: Journalism
Year: Junior
From: New Jersey

About me:  Enchanted by culture, people’s stories and traveling to different places, I always find inspiration in the world around me and will always keep an open eye for awaiting adventures.

Life motto:  “Pura Vida” It’s Spanish and literally translates to “pure life”. I have family from the beautiful Latin country of Costa Rica and down there everyone uses this phrase. Often used in greetings/farewells, it is an expression of eternal optimism. No matter the current circumstances of your life, acknowledge and accept the blessings, understand everything will be ok and live a peaceful and simple life. I have adopted this into my life motto and see a parallel in the significance to the love, joy and peace Jesus desires for us to embody through our lives. I love that just two words can be so deep!

Advice: If you’re in a situation where something you should or want to do makes you hesitant or nervous, maybe a little bit scary, make it your goal to do it. Get out of your comfort zone and do something that scares you every day. Recently I was hiking in the Amazon and there was a boat ride that brings you right next to these amazing waterfalls. It seemed really cool from afar but also terrifying. I made myself go on the boat ride and it was incredible. Letting go of your fear is empowering and sometimes creates an unforgettable experience

20150828-IMG_5459

Name: Bree Whitelock
Position: Online Editor
Major: Public Relations
Year: Junior
From: Pottstown, PA

About me: I think I’m funny and honestly that’s all there is to need to know about me. Regardless of any outside commentary, I live life through laughter (usually at my own expense) thriving off the smiles of other individuals.

Life motto: If God’s not in it, get the hell out of it. Whenever I question a life choice or decision I ask myself this one question. Truthfully, it’s saved me a lot of hardship.

Biggest goal: To transition from a meal plan to apartment cooking.

Pet peeve: Poor shoe taste – when one pair of shoes can make or break someone’s outfit.