- Food babies. We’re all in the same (gravy) boat on this one. Forget seconds, you can have thirds, fourths, fifths…
- There’s nothing better than the unique personalities of the family unit coming together at one table. Hello second cousins you haven’t seen since this time last year.
- Because all-nighters in college aren’t a choice anymore. A’s aside, you’re seeing nothing but Z’s over break.
- Pumpkin pie. Each aunt will probably bring one to Thanksgiving dinner, so figure a whole pie just for yourself.
- For some reason the 24 hours at home seems like more time than the 24 hours you spend watching Netflix at school.
- I’ll take 5 extra days to procrastinate on homework any day.
- Reconnecting with friends from home – you know, the friends who are still your friends after seeing you through all your awkward stages of life (more or less including the one you’re currently in).
- Black Friday – the one day I come a little closer to being able to afford the item I’ve had my eye on. (But then remembering you’re still a college student and still can’t afford it).
- Yay (Thanksgiving day) sports.