Jemi Lui

9-30Arion Dominique
Year:
Sophomore
Major: History with a Social Studies Certification

What made you want to be a part of the Amigo program?

I think the whole multicultural program is great. I’m really excited about being a mentor in the Amigo program. It’s really exciting to be involved with leading the discussion and just getting people to talk about it. Because the first step to getting anything done is getting people to talk about the hard questions. I love being a part of that.

Why did you choose your major?

I love history. I’ve always loved history. There’s something about the story part of it that’s just so intriguing. I think history is a clear part in our identity and I think knowing your identity helps character. I also really loved my high school experience and I loved the teachers that were involved in it. I want to be one of them—that would be awesome.

Describe yourself in three words.

Adaptable. Flexible. Versatile.

What’s your most interesting story from this summer?

For the second half of my summer, I worked in a pudding factory. I stacked pudding for about six weeks. So that was a very interesting experience. I had some friends that helped me too. It wasn’t necessarily entertaining, but it was an odd job, definitely interesting.

Favorite place on campus?

First one, Bittner basement. There’s a lot of good memories there, lots of great times with friends down there. When I think of freshman year, that’s what I think of. Right now, I love the South Side Café. The café part doesn’t exist but I just love the atmosphere there. The little chairs in the corner by the window, they’re awesome.

What is your favorite meal at Lottie?

I’m a big salmon fan, so the lemon salmon with the asparagus. Oh my gosh, perfect. Perfect!