By Celica Cook, SBM Student Life Editor

It’s a new school year, and we are kicking things off with our first Tattoo Tuesdays of the semester. Sophomore music education major Noel Waltemire has three tattoos that each contribute to her unique story. Her matching tattoo with her Mom holds a special meaning for her. This is what she had to say about her tattoos.

What tattoos do you have?

My first tattoo I got is on my left ankle. It’s a heart with a little flower connected to it. My second tattoo is on my hip and that one is a butterfly. My third tattoo is on my back it’s a rose flower.

What made you decide to get a tattoo?

I’ve always taken an interest in tattoos and I just thought they were the coolest thing ever when I was little. So when the time came, and when my dad finally caved in, I was finally allowed to get a tattoo. Little did I know I’d get two more soon later. I love to do things on a whim, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d have a fourth one in the next couple of months.

What do your tattoos mean?

My first tattoo, the heart on my ankle, is probably the most special. My mom and I got the same exact design, only she got hers on her wrist. It was my mom’s 60th birthday present and I was fortunate to be in on her gift as well. It means a lot having a tattoo that matches your mom’s, or any family member’s. I’ll always have it with me.

What is your advice for someone deciding to get a tattoo for the first time?

My advice for someone getting their first tattoo is to just do it and get it over with; don’t overthink it. This may sound spontaneous, but the more you think about it and wonder how bad it hurts, the less likely you’re going to get one.

What makes your tattoo unique to you?

My tattoos are unique to me because they’re a part of my body and they show who I am. My tattoos are also hidden so it’s not like it’s on my wrist where I see it all of the time; it’s like a little surprise because sometimes I forget they’re there.